New Delhi: The 2012 President election reached a truce when the UPA and the opposition lead by Maharashtra stalwart Mr. Sharad Pawar reached an agreement to share the responsibilities with the two candidates. The agreement calls upon Mr Pranab Mukherjee and PA Sangma to share the responsibilities of the President of India. Both sides appear to be in agreement and the decision is also supported by Trinamool Congress leader Mamata Banerjee. Leaders of both parties are expected to make a joint announcement after a meeting with Sonia Gandhi scheduled later in this week.
Details are beginning to emerge on this agreement and has been confidentially shared with TheElefunt’s chief political correspondent.
- Presidents Pranab Mukherjee and PA Sangma will evenly split the countries that they will tour in the next 4 years. Mr. Mukherjee will get South East Asia, China and Eastern Europe while Mr Sangma will get Europe, Middle East and Africa. Both leaders will tour USA and South America. No agreement yet on who will tour Pakistan. Both leaders have expressed this disinterest in visiting this county.
- Presidents Mukherjee and Sangma will evenly distribute inauguration ceremonies. Mr Mukherjee will inaugurate all locations, events, monuments and building that are named after Indira and Rajeev Gandhi. Mr. Sangma will inaugurate functions and monuments named after M.K. Gandhi. All other events will be inaugurated by Sonia and Rahul Gandhi
- Presidents Mukherjee and Sangma will not issue any presidential decree or statement without prior consent and approval from Sonia Gandhi. Approvals from Rahul Gandhi will not suffice.
- Presidents Mukherjee and Sangma will veto any laws that threaten to investigate corruption or fraud charges directly or indirectly related to the Gandhi family. This includes all schemes and programs that have been launched under the “Gandhi” banner and movements led by Shri Anna Hazare and team.
- Presidents Mukherjee and Sangma will not interfere with any decisions made by the Army, Navy or Air Force. The presidents must comply with the decisions provided by the Congress party high-command
- Both presidents will take turns to salute the armed forces during the republic day parades. Presidents can take turns if their hand or feed hurt during this time.
- Presidents Mukherjee and Sangma must only sing praises for the Gandhi family during their annual address to the parliament. The presidents cannot make any statements or issue judgements on the current state of affairs.
- When meeting foreign dignitaries both presidents are required to have a representative from the Gandhi family with them at all times. Failure to do so will result in termination of Presidential decree by the Congress high command (a.k.a Sonia Gandhi)
- The presidents can chose on which wing of Rashtrpati Bhavan they chose as their residence. The main central wing is reserved for special meetings with the Congress High Command.
Jai Hind !!!
- Pranab Mukherjee rebuts PA Sangma’s remark, says Raisina Hill not a ‘dumping ground’ (ndtv.com)
- President polls: First Pranab Mukherjee, then PA Sangma file papers (ndtv.com)
- Have apologised to Sonia, says PA Sangma (ibnlive.in.com)
- A New President for India – Sangma or Pranab? (richardrego.wordpress.com)